Skip to main content

Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe

Easy Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe - Found this recipe after finding thick cut pork chops. My husband is super picky when it comes to this cut of meat, and was very reluctant when I suggested it as a meal. I found this way of cooking them and thought, what the hey, it's Ree Drummond and all her food always looks delicious.
I'm soooo glad I followed this very simple, quick recipe!!! The chops came out so flavorful and moist! I did most of the cooking in the sauté pan and finished in the oven! I can't wait to do these again. And my husband was looking for seconds!! Very successful and delicious recipe!!

Easy Thin Boneless Pork Chop Recipe


SERVING: 8
Preparation time                   Cook time
10 Minutes                             30 Minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
  • ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
  • 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, halved and seeded*
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 3 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco (1 ounce)

Directions

  1. In a covered large saucepan cook tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a large amount of boiling water about 8 minutes or until tomatillos turn light green. Drain.
  2. In a blender combine the tomatillo mixture, cilantro, pepitas, honey, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and blend until smooth.
  3. Trim excess fat from pork chops. Sprinkle chops with additional salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until browned, turning once.
  4. Add 1 1/2 cups of the tomatillo mixture to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in the centers (145 degrees F).
  5. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with queso fresco to serve.
Tip: Because Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with Chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe

Simple Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe   – Terrific recipe! We all enjoyed this dinner. I left out the red pepper, and I decreased the paste to 1/2 can. I also added more wine (about 3/4 c total), and I added a little clam juice to the sauce at the end. It made just enough to feed 6 adults, it may be 8 technical servings, but I guess we had larger portions. Will definitely make it again! Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe SERVING: 4     Preparation time                    Cook time 10 Minutes                             20 Minutes Ingredients Kosher salt 1 pound linguine 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined 12 large sea scallops, tough foot muscles removed Freshly ground pepper 3 1/2 ...

The Best Cars Release Date

The Best Cars Release Date  - Are you searching for the actual latest car with details in regards to the specs, price and release date of the car? You could have no mistaking this web site simply because in these websites we're going to write about along with you all the details in regards to the best cars in 2018, the actual best car in 2018 release as well as luxurious cars. The Best Cars Release Date Simply because it requires a fairly big funds, after that to get a new car also must not be hit-or-miss, we need to be cautious with picking a with capacity of capacitation, specs, engine, closed circuit, interior and exterior design together with other based on the each day requires connected with each. Annually, the car always has got update.. starting on the style, attributes, and with the car. This is the reason we're going to propagate  2018 The Best Cars Release Date . I will utilize the report on specialists to review concerning a car that is shipped with 2017...

Homemade Food Recipe

Homemade Food Recipe   ~  First things first: What is Food Recipe? Food Recipe a blog that share a lot about easy to make recipes, from food to drinks. We also share tips for kitchen daily cookers — meaning we’ve got everything you want to eat, plus endless ways to watch it. Intrigued?  The non-aubergine portion was lifted from a French-Tunisian family friend, who made it for the Frenchman and me when she came to stay. (She served it with herb-rubbed, falling-off-the-bone chicken thighs. You can too.) It was a luxury to be cooked for, and to be taken care of so well through food. Pine nuts browned sumptuously in butter! The lemon-tinged warmth of sumac and za’atar! Cumin, harissa, and cinnamon, too. It’s actually a perfect inauguration to fall. I asked for the recipe, and scribbled down the offhand recounting of a cook who has fashioned a dish so often, measurements are not longer consciously considered. I searched google for corroboration of spice quant...